- Getting to know the apartment building – it’s nice, 2nd floor there’s a kind of communal party room with a pool table, free wi-fi, barbecues, swimming pool, sun-deck etc etc.
- Getting to know the local area, nice coffee house across the road, burrito shop on the corner, only 10 minutes to main city centre.
- I’m only about a 10 minute walk from the Olympic Sculpture Park which is by the water and a great place to go and read a book or go for a run when the sun is out.
- Pike Place Market – went there on day 2 (Sunday), great buzz, tourist trap but a worthy one.
- Foodcourt in Westlake Center -a big mall in the retail core. I like foodcourts. Very much.
- The view from my apartment (I’ll post some photos soon) – I can see south down to the skyscrapers and west out across Puget Sound so the views are spectacular.
- All the little things that are different – roadsigns, customer service, foodcourts (did I mention that already).
- The cityscape is generally pretty amazing, wherever you look there is mountains or water and boats and nice houses set into hills and all that kind of stuff. Reminds me a bit of Sydney on that score – no nice beaches though!